- Academic Earth allows users access to free online video courses from predominant universities.
- ABC-Chemistry is a collection of peer-reviewed, free full-text, chemistry related journals.
- American Psychological Association’s Tutorials and Webinars page contains a lot of useful information relating to the APA Style.
- BioDigital Human is an interactive 3D software platform for visualizing anatomy, disease, and treatment. All you need to do is to create a free account.
- Bookshelf by the National Library of Medicine provides free online access to books and documents in life science and healthcare.
- Cochrane Library is a collection of high-quality, independent evidence to inform healthcare decision-making and contains systematic reviews of research in health care and health policy.
- EthnoMed is Harborview Medical Center’s ethnic medicine website containing medical and cultural information about immigrant and refugee groups. Find information by topic or culture, including a collection of brief clinical pearls related to cross cultural and refugee health topics.
- Google Books hosts free books you can preview and some full text books to read.
- Google Scholar is a great free research tool for students as it provides a simple way to broadly search for scholarly literature.
- Hindawi is one of the world’s largest fully open access journal publishers with more than 230 peer-reviewed scientific journals. They believe in openness, in scholarly publishing and research communication. You may browse their journal collection that can be filtered by discipline.
- Khan Academy is a nonprofit organization with the mission to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere.
- MERCK Manual for the professional. This manual is published as a service to the community and continues to be freely available.
- Open Library is an open source book card catalog run by the Internet Archive, a non-profit California State Library.
- PLoS One works in conjunction with Creative Commons that provides links to per-reviewed journals.
- Plagiarism.org is a resource to learn more about plagiarism and how to avoid it.
- Project Gutenberg hosts the largest collection of free electronic books, with over 25000 books available to users.
- Purdue Owl or the Online Writing Lab (OWL) at Purdue University houses writing resources and instructional material, and we provide these as a free service of the Writing Lab at Purdue. Students, members of the community, and users worldwide will find information to assist with many writing projects.
- Retraction Watch is a blog that reports on retractions of scientific papers and on related topics and has a searchable Retraction Watch Database. The blog was launched in August 2010 and is produced by science writers Ivan Oransky and Adam Marcus.
- UW Integrative Health Educational Resources (wisc.edu) includes clinician and patient educational resources, dietary supplement guides, and integrative health videos focused on a range of health topics.
Acupuncture Organizations and Resources
- Acufinder.com is the leading resource for everything to do with Acupuncture, Chinese Herbs and Asian Medicine.
- eLotus is committed to improving the TCM industry, profession, and individuals through educational services (live and distance learning online courses).
- TCM Tests is a site assisting students to prepare for their board exams.
- The Society for Acupuncture Research is dedicated to improving the quality and increasing the awareness of research in acupuncture, herbal therapy and other modalities of Oriental Medicine.
Homeopathy Organizations and Resources
- American Institute of Homeopathy is the oldest national medical association in the United States to promote the science and art of homeopathic medicine.
- Florida Homeopathic Society Used Book Sale offers many titles for sale including materia medica sets, repertories and other references at reasonable cost. Check back often because their inventory changes.
- FreeCasts by Whole Health Now is a depository of free live webcasts with master homeopaths.
- Homeopathy Books Online is the world’s largest online homeopathy books and journals library
- Homeopathy Online Books via UPenn offers of a collection of online homeopathic materia medica and therapeutics books
- Homeopathy UK was founded in 1902 as the British Homeopathic Association. They are the United Kingdom’s leading homeopathic charity committed to the promotion and practice of homeopathy.
- Homeopathy World Community is a portal for practicing homeopaths, patients, and members of the public interested in the homeopathic treatment approach. It is a space for connecting practitioners and supporters alike. It aims to promote awareness of homeopathy throughout the globe.
- National Center for Homeopathy provides education and builds awareness while advocating for access to homeopathy as a safe, effective and affordable system of medicine
Online Citators – Cite your research using APA format
- BibMe™ is an automatic citation creator that supports MLA, APA, and Chicago formatting. The site explains APA & MLA guidelines and explain how to actually cite for those formats, check your paper for unintentional plagiarism with one click, and use grammar suggestions to improve your writing style.
- Citation Machine is a smart technology to create citations, provide grammar suggestions, and detect unintentional plagiarism. It’s an excellent citation machine for movies. Extra features includes checking paper for plagiarism and grammar errors.
- Citefast is a citation generator with features such as website lookup, book lookup, journal lookup, footnotes, account creation (with multiple bibliographies), and bibliography management. Registration needed only to see history of your citations.
- Arizona State Library, Archives, & Public Records
- Arizona State University Libraries
- Maricopa Community Colleges Libraries
- Maricopa County Libraries
- Phoenix Public Libraries